*Gather supplies for a "countdown" calender. We use strips of construction paper to make a "countdown to Christmas" chain.
- Read Isaiah 40:31.
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
- Let your children open the countdown to Christmas supplies that you've wrapped.
- Explain the meaning of "advent." (Which is simply the anticipation of the coming of Christ.)
- Talk about what it means to "hope in the Lord" and "soar like eagles."
- Share about a time when you experienced hope in the Lord.
- Ask the kids if they love Christmastime...talk about the eager anticipation we have to celebrate the birth of Christ.
- If your children are old enough and you feel you have time, share about living life with eagerness for Christ's second coming.
- Show the children how you will use the supplies to make your own countdown to Christmas.
- Create your countdown and explain how it works.
- Pray, thanking God for Christmastime. Ask God to give your family a hope at all times.