*Today's gifts are the unbreakable nativity figurines of Joseph and Mary.
- Read Luke 1: 30-33.
"But the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.'"
- Give your children the gifts to open.
- Explain how God's people were given promises about a king who would "reign in the house of Jacob forever." (This phrase is also found in Isaiah 9:7)
- Explain also how Old Testament prophets told of the birth of this King through special circumstances (by a virgin, Isaiah 7:14).
- Talk about the way God kept promises through the birth of Jesus. He kept his promise with Mary too.
- Think of a time when you knew God kept a promise to you (Duet. 31:6 will help).
- Pray with your family, thanking God for always keeping His promises.