*You'll need to wrap one or more cookie cutters for today's gift if you start at the beginning of today's instructions. If you prefer to pre-bake (or buy!) cut-out cookies, the verse is applicable to simply decorating the cookies. In the past, I have wrapped up a bottle of cookie sprinkles or decorations instead of cookie cutters to demonstrate God's craftsmanship.
- Read Isaiah 64:8.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand."
- Give the children time to open the cookie cutter(s).
- Explain to your children how God takes great care in forming each one of us for His purpose.
- Pass out small amounts of cookie dough to each child.
If you have a favorite cut-out recipe that you'd be willing to share, post it in a comment below!
- Allow the children to play with the dough, shaping it and forming it as you talk.
- Use the verse in Isaiah to talk about the way God made us, choosing specific features unique to each one. Expound on the unique features of each child.
- Continue cutting/forming the cookies and then bake them.
- Use the decorations as an analogy as well. Describe how God adds just the right touches to our personalities to make us all unique and beautiful.
- Give your children an opportunity to decorate their own cookies.
- Pray with your children, thanking God for each one for specific qualities.