- Read Matthew 2:1-2, 10-11.
"After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, 'Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him...'10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh."
- Allow your children to open the figurines of the magi.
- Point out that the Magi were not from Jerusalem and had probably never heard about a promised Messiah.
- Ask your children why they think God gave the Magi a star to follow that led right to Jesus.
- Think aloud with your children about how God shows Himself to people all over the world, even people who don't know about Him.
- Pray with your family. Ask God to show Himself boldly to someone in the world who does not know about Him. Pray that many would respond to Jesus just like the Magi did in the story of Jesus' birth.